Aerotek Design Limited based in Bristol is one of the leading software providers looking for talented Programmer Analyst experienced in using SAS on windows and Unix platform. As a programmer analyst, you will play a pivotal role to design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
You must have a high level of technical expertise and clear insights into current business practices. Depending on the employer, clients may be internal, e.g. departments within the same organisation, or external.
Your role is to liaise between and report to internal and external clients, project managers and stakeholders, including colleagues and developers, throughout the development process.
You will conduct a cost analysis and agree the timeframe to implement the proposed solution. You specify and shape the system requirements and operations, the user interface and also presenting proposal to the clients.
Work activities also depend on the size and nature of the organisation and the focus of clients' business demands, but typically involve:
- Examine clients' existing IT systems and business models to produce design specifications by working closely with clients
- Analyse systems requirements and document business processes between legacy and new systems
- Preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems and ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Should have experience is data extraction from oracle database and file the data in SAS views using PROC ACCESS, SQL pass-through facility and Oracle lib name engine.
- Supporting users on change control, planning and working flexibly to deadlines
- Implement, configure and perform acceptance testing against the functional specifications
- Applicants should also have technical expertise in MS SQL Server and database, SAS SQL, SAS STAT procedures and SAS (BASE, ACCESS, MACROS, CONNECT, GRAPH)
- Mentoring junior members of the team where appropriate
- Experience on SAS products, Oracle and exemplary communication skills, both written and oral
- Should have experience in creating reusable Macros for data cleaning, to validate and analysis and report generation.
- Experience in C language, HTML and SQL
- Experience in Agile Working Methodology and Oracle MS SQL are desirable.
- Certifications in relevant industrial technologies are desirable.
Location of the Job:
Bristol – Head office
You may be able to work flexibly or from home and willing to relocate within UK to client’s premises according to the project need.
Current client location to start work include Reading/Manchester
Educational Qualification, Experience required:
The successful applicants should be graduates with a 2:1 degree level qualification and relevant IT qualification. You should also have proven industry experience in this role for at least 3 years.
The selected applicant should be available for interview on week starting 9th Sep and willing to start work from start of Nov 16 onwards.Number of jobs: 4
Salary range: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience.